07 October 2011

Lost fish


I fished for a couple of hours on Wednesday, and I wasn't getting anything, then "bang", I hooked up a big fish all of sudden. The fish took off and it almost put me onto backing line.

I could see the fish was trying to head for the sunken timber. I thought about let him take some line. He might turn away from the snag feeling less line pressure, the trick works well for NZ browns.

Come to think of it, I should have done that, but instead, I decided to apply more pressure on the reel to stop the fish from going into the hide out. I managed to stop the fish actually, but it got angry and made a big thrust. With one kick, "snap", the fish was gone.

Well I must say it was disappointing to loos the fish like that, but after having caught some smaller fish for the past few week ends, just hooking up a bigger fish was a good thing, I thought.


My bycatch on Tuesday


Tuesday's bycatch #2.


I fished on Swan River for change today, and got a few fish.


It looked like this little boy was overweight for its size.



No comments: