28 March 2010

Why do we need a boat?


I went to a boat show in Fremantle with my friends today.

Although I still like to see different boats as I used to sail when I was young,
a boat is something which does not interest me that much in terms of fishing. I know that most of big ocean going fishes require some sort of boats to catch them, but for 99% of fishing I do, I don't need a boat to catch good fish.

A kayak may still be a good idea, but even a kayak requires fiddling to get it onto the water. A boat sounds like just too much work involved to keep it going. More time on playing around with boats and less time fishing. Some of my friends own nice fishing boats, but I don't see them going out on boats every weekend, and may be there are some reasons for it.


Have you boys decided which one to buy?


This was only thing caught my eye and only thing I could ever afford.

Anyway, after the boat show, we went back to fishing on the Canning River, and Mike hooked up a really nice fish. He was actually on fire hooking up 5 fish with one very ugly looking but highly effective fly whereas the rest of us got none.

The river looked so beautiful this afternoon, and it was lovely to wade in the river feeling water and sand with own feet. I just don't get the same feeling of intimacy with environment if I was on a boat.

As I was watching my friend's releasing his nice fish, I asked my self, "Why do we need a boat
on such a peaceful day like today anyway?".




Mike fighting his big fish.


Only big fish kicks water like this.






Good on you, Mike.


Mike's beautiful 40cm bream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations to Mike!!!!