01 October 2012

Get Life, you said?


We were fishing in Mandurah yesterday.

The tide was rising when we got there, and fish were biting for an hour or so until the tide went slack. I picked up a few herrings (a.k.a ruff), and it was too bad that we didn't have an icebox, otherwise I would have kept those for dinner as I like eating them.

I lost a fine size river tailor (bluefish) too.  As I was trying to scoop it with my landing net, the fish bit off my line.  I was actually surprised that the fish didn't chop off the leader on strike or when it made its first run.














 










































By the way, when we were wading out around a traffic bridge, we got a couple of rather unfriendly reactions from local people driving by.  Perhaps, we were fishing on their favourite fishing spot, or may be we were looking just too posh as I was wearing my new wader.

Anyway, the guy on the car was shouting to us, saying "Get Life!".  "Getting Life?", I thought. How can I get more life than fishing on one fine day with my friend and catching fish on my lovely bamboo rod? Not to mention watching a pod of dolphins jumping and turning while they were chasing their fish in front of our eyes.  On such a lovely day, life is good.














No comments: