02 October 2012

Thank you for your tip-off


My friend told me that they have been catching many fish on Swan River. As fishing seems to be quiet around Canning River at the moment, Mike and I decided to check out what fish are doing over there yesterday.

The water was very silty around the place we went, probably because of a big boat traffic on a public holiday, and it took us while to find out an area where the water looked OK. 

I got a fish on the second cast, but nothing came after.  So, I decided to walk around until I came across an area where I was getting hits constantly.

It was very interesting that fish were holding one area about 20 m wide while I didn't get any response out side of that. It could have been just luck or may be something down there that I couldn't see, like a hole or gutter, or it could even be a bicycle that someone has thrown away.

Anyway, after landing some fish, the entire school was gone to somewhere.  The last fish did a big run, and it probably spooked all other fish in the area.

Tony, thank you for your tip-off.













No comments: