11 January 2012

My fishing raft


I bought a raft.

I am not a big fun of boat fishing. I would rather wade and fish on any day. I guess, it is about simplicity and sense of freedom (no engine failure, no problem of a trailer going off the road, etc).

But there are places which are too deep to go on my feet, and the other side of the river or estuary always looks fishier. So, I am hoping, with this raft, I can get to those flats and drop offs that I can not reach by simply wading.

I blew it up to see how it is like. It is quite roomy and feather light. To be honest, it is so light that it feels bit scary to paddle out. I am worried, if it gets punctured, the air shoots out, and I might fly off like a cartoon character.

Anyway, I now need to get a set of paddles and PFD to have a test ride.

No comments: