12 January 2012

Please throw me your rope


I had a maiden voyage on the raft today, and I hate say this, but I don't think I am in hurry to be back on the raft again.

The raft was very stable and it was nice to sit & relax and drift along. In terms of paddling and fishing, things didn't go as well as I was hoping, and at the end, I had to ask my friend to tow me behind.




Additional info (2012/03/04):

I sent the raft back to the manufacturer. The customer service at Flyweight Designs has been good by the way, and they gave me refund as they promise on their web sites.

Besides it was very hard to fish with, for me, the main problem of the Flyte Packer was a location of the valve. As you can see on the picture, the valve is located on the top of the tube, and this was getting in my way when I was paddling. The raft is very slow on the water as you can guess from its shape, and the problem of banging the valve with my paddle for every few strokes was too much for me to bare especially when you are paddling as if there is no tomorrow to stop the raft getting pushed away with the wind.

Also, one of tide-downs / straps came off before I could use those on the water. It looked like the stitching came loose, and I thought these would be too weak to secure a bag, paddle, or anything.



No comments: